Each spring we begin to focus on things that will freshen up our homes. Whether it is a new piece of furniture or just a good deep clean, we seek to make it new after a long winter of being indoors. The following Spring cleaning tips will ensure that you get into every nook and cranny of your home and make it fresh for the new season:
- Organizing Closets: organizing your closets is the first step to organizing the rest of your home. Get rid of unused clothes and accessories, and organize the rest by how you get dressed in the morning and by colour. Your closet will look appealing, and your everyday routine will be easier.
- Creating a Different Mood: For easy makeovers try collecting textiles. Things like bedding, towels, and table linens are easy to change and create a different mood. Switch things out seasonally, or for special events, or whenever you want to play with certain colour or pattern.
- Cleaning Your Carpet: Walk around with socks on as bare feet leave oils that attract dust! Try to vacuum as often as you can and change your filter often so you don’t blow dust back into the air.
- Caring for Your Tiles: Keeping tiles in the bathroom or kitchen clean makes your space seem brighter! Mix baking soda and water for a homemade cleaner: pour ½ cup of baking soda into 2 gallons of water and mix well. Then apply the liquid with a string mop or a sponge mop. For any grout, use the same baking soda mixture.
- Reorganize Bookshelves: sort books by size and subject. Remove and discard any ripped dust jackets. Line books, some vertically, some horizontally, in a rhythmic pattern. Bringing a new and updated look for spring will renew your space!
- Clean, Clean and Clean: really scrub down the winter dirt that has been building up in your home. Clean everything that you can think of: from the windows to the floors!