Move Out Checklist
Life’s journey is constantly changing and we understand that you have decided to continue yours while living somewhere new!
It has been our pleasure having you as a tenant. Now that your lease is coming to a close and we know you have intentions of moving out, we want to provide you with a move out checklist.
We hope you find the list useful in avoiding or minimizing charges that will be taken out of your security deposit refund.
The inspection will be performed before noon on your last day of occupancy according to the signed lease agreement.
Avant Garde Property Management may be entitled to deduct any charges from your security deposit to perform any cleaning responsibilities you leave incomplete upon moving out.
Normal wear and tear to a property is acceptable but leaving it in a dirty condition for the next tenant is not. You will also be charged for any expenses that Avant Garde Property Management incurs to repair any damages you were responsible for during your tenancy.
Your for rent – Edmonton was provided in clean condition upon moving in as per the Move In Inspection Report signed by both the Tenant and the Landlord. The actions on this checklist are to be completed by the Tenant on or before moving out.
We wish you the best of luck and if you have any further questions feel free to contact us!
General Clean-Up Responsibilities:
- Remove all your personal possessions
- Remove all garbage and debris
- Professionally steam clean, deodorize and disinfect all carpets
- Sweep and wash floors thoroughly (damp mop on hardwood floors)
- Wipe dust out of heat registers
- Clean windows including window frames, tracks and screens
- Clean all window coverings
- Dust light fixtures and ceiling fans and clean with appropriate cleaners
- Replace all burnt out light bulbs and fuses
- Wash and wipe all walls and doors top to bottom with appropriate cleaners and leave streak free
- Thoroughly clean bathtub, tile walls, toilets and sinks (NO abrasive cleaners are to be used)
- Clean grout and caulking
- Clean mirrors and leave no streaks
- Wipe out medicine cabinet
- Wipe out the inside of the bathroom cabinets
- Clean all marks and remove all pictures from the walls and leave streak free
- Completely empty closets, wipe all sleeves and counters
- Clean window sills
- Thoroughly clean inside and outside of stove with appropriate cleaners and leave grease free, including burner pans, racks, rings and controls. Self-cleaning ovens are to be cleaned in accordance with oven directions
- Defrost freezer if it is not frost free
- Ensure ice trays and all fridge racks are washed
- Thoroughly clean inside and outside of fridge with appropriate cleaners, including underneath the crisper drawers and the freezer area
- Thoroughly clean the dishwasher and micorwave
- Thoroughly clean sink and countertops
- Thoroughly clean inside and outside of all cabinets
- All appliances are to be pulled out and the walls behind and floor underneath are to be cleaned with appropriate cleaners
Laundry/ Utility Room:
- Thoroughly clean washer and dryer (if included)
- Wipe hot water tank and furnance
- Sweep and wash floors
- Clean out any storage shelves or cabinets
- Remove ALL garbage and debris from the premises (front and backyard)
- Cut the grass and have the flower beds weeded (if applicable)
- Clean all sidewalks and entrances of snow (if applicable)
- Thoroughly clean the outside of doors and mailboxes (if applicable)
- Wash outside of windows if dirty (if on ground floor or basement)
- Remove ALL personal possessions from storage sheds and garages
- Sweep out storage shed and garage and wash out with garden hose if dirty