Sometimes company may call and say they are in the area: you look around your home and see that you are not nearly ready to host, but you don’t have time for a top to bottom cleaning. This quick 19-minute method can make your home nice and tidy in a jiffy!
KITCHEN: 4 1/2 MINUTES
- Wipe down the sink after doing the dishes or loading the dishwasher (30 seconds). Wipe down the stove top (one minute).
- Wipe down the counters (one minute).
- Sweep, Swiffer, or vacuum the floor (two minutes).
BATHROOM: 2 MINUTES
- Wipe out the sink (30 seconds).
- Wipe the toilet seat and rim (15 seconds).
- Swoosh the toilet bowl with a brush (15 seconds).
- Wipe the mirror and faucet (15 seconds).
- Squeegee the shower door (30 seconds).
- Spray the entire shower and the curtain liner with shower mist after every use (15 seconds).
BEDROOM: 6 1/2 MINUTES
- Make the bed (two minutes).
- Fold or hang clothing and put away jewelry (four minutes).
- Straighten out the night-table surface (30 seconds).
LIVING ROOM: 6 MINUTES
- Pick up crumbs and dust bunnies with a handheld vacuum (one minute).
- Fluff the cushions and fold throws after use (two minutes).
- Wipe tabletops and spot-clean cabinets when you see fingerprints (one minute).
- Straighten coffee-table books and magazines. Throw out newspapers. Put away CDs and videos (two minutes).