Winter is full of bundling up before heading out and making sure your family stays warm indoors in order to not catch anything. These five tips are easy to add to these measure and ensure that your family stays as healthy as possible through the long winter months:
- Raise your vitamin D levels: Vitamin D is great for the heart, skin, mental and immune systems and in the winter with the lack of sun your body may miss this vital component.
- Protect your skin: sunscreen is more important in the winter. Even in the winter months, sunscreen will protect our skin against cell damage that can lead to cancer.
- Get a flu shot: promote the concept of ‘herd immunity” to protect yourself, your family and the community around you.
- Take a class with a friend: winter can be a tough time for many of us which takes a toll on your mental health. Sign up for a class not only to improve your physical and emotional health but to fill the social craving too.
- Eat more plants with Omega 3: They have anti-inflammatory effects, protect the skin, and some impact on mental health as well.