House for Rent – Edmonton. As a tenant there are a number of things that you should do before taking on a house for rent in Edmonton. Many rental properties will do an initial inspection or a “move-in” inspection before you are settled into the property.
At 911 Rent we do a Move In inspection with you the day that you move into the rental property. We walk through the home for rent with you and note down what areas are already there and any types of damage. We take you with us to ensure that we have a number of eyes looking around the property to catch everything before hand.
An initial inspection protects you as a tenant because you and the landlord are made aware of existing damage. So when you to move out then the previous damages are noted on the file and no costs will be taken out of your security deposit refund.
There are a number of things that you and the landlords should look at while conducting the inspection:
- Walls and ceilings: look for any holes or dents that need to be noted down as well as any scuffs or things already existing in paint or wallpaper
- Floors: the stains that are there should also be noted down
- Trims: such as door frames, windows, baseboards, etc.
- All outlets and lights
- Bathrooms: make sure the faucet works, the water is clear, and look for any damages to the amenities in the room
- Kitchen: once again check the water, look for chips or cracks in cabinets and counter tops
Looking over all of these areas will ensure that everything is written down on the inspection. At the end of your rental agreement there will be a move-out inspection. If the information on this matches with the move-in inspection you will see an almost exact security deposit refund!!