Pet Rules and Regulations
At 911 Rent we are proud to allow small furry friends in some of our rental properties. We must meet this member of your family before you move in to ensure that this is the right property for your whole family.
A pet agreement is signed at the same time as your lease and there are a number of rules and responsibilities that you must be able to follow. In some cases a monthly pet fee will apply. This fee varies for every situation.
If you are looking to get a new pet you must have authorization before the pet resides in the premises. You must pay any additional monthly pet fees that occur when getting a new family member!
- Licensing: You must make sure the pet has a visible identification tag and collar and comply with health and safety code including leash and licensing requirements.
- Pet Control: You agree to keep their pet under control at all times and to keep the pet quiet at all times. You should not leave your pet alone for an unreasonable amount of time.
- Pet Sanitation: You agree that all animal waste or litter from boxes and cages is to be picked up and disposed of in a sealed plastic bag and placed in the trash. You must "Pooper Scooper" the yard.
- Pet Problems: You must understand that if your pet disturbs the peace, cause other tenants to have an allergic reaction, harms or acts aggressively towards others the pet is subject to immediate removal from the premises.
- Pet Removal: You also agree that upon written notice from the Management, you will remove the pets from the premises with 30 days. You are also responsible for complaints from neighbours, other tenants, or the city.
- Cleaning: You agree to pay the normal market value cost for cleaning the common areas because of a your pet(s). This includes disposal of waste, cleaning up tracked mud, digging in the garden areas, etc.
- Carpet Replacement: If damage is caused to carpet by the pet(s), including urination on the carpet and/or through the underlay, you will be responsible for replacement of the carpet and/or underlay. You will be required to have the premises professionally cleaned at the end of the tenancy.
- Damages: You agree to pay for all damages caused by the pet(s) to any of the common ground areas. You are responsible for removal of any odours, fleas, mites and repair of any damage that may be a result of their having a pet(s), including professional steam cleaning, fumigation, repairing floors and trims.
- Fumigation: You agree to pay for the cost of fumigating the property. You may also be financially responsible for ant infestation that affects adjacent dwellings.
The above charges will be billed to you after the service or repair is complete.
- Representations: You represent the pet(s) is quiet and housebroken and will not cause any damages or annoy other Tenants.
- Pet Revocation: You agree that Management may revoke permission to keep said pet(s) on the premises.
- Indemnification: You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Management harmless from and against any claims or actions brought by any other party.
- Pet Death: If/when a pet(s) die, it can't be replaced with another animal.